Summer has arrived and you’ve officially made plans to hit the road in your RV! Now the question is; what should you pack for a summer camping trip?
We’re here to help!
Below, we discuss a few of the key items and supplies we recommend you pack for a summer camping trip!
We’re starting with the essentials! Even if you plan on “roughing it” a bit on your camping trip, don’t forget to pack must-have hygiene items in your camper such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, soap and body wash, RV-safe toilet paper, and holding tank treatment.
When packing clothing for a summer camping trip, practicality is key. We strongly suggest that you bring clothes that are:
- Moisture-wicking or water-resistant,
- Suitable for the terrain,
- Weather appropriate (be sure to pack both warm and lighter clothing options since the conditions can change in an instant!),
- Bug-considerate (long sleeves & pants for the evenings – thank us later!)
Food and Drinks
This critical part of packing for a summer camping trip is based half on the cooking capabilities (or lack thereof) that you’ll have in your RV, and half your personal taste and preferences. Bring along enough snacks, food, and drinks to enjoy for the duration of your trip. If you want to have a classic camping experience, be sure to pack along some graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows so that you can enjoy s’mores around the campfire!
In our last email newsletter, we shared a few emergency items that you should keep packed in your RV. These items are:
- Awning repair tape. It is always good to have awning repair tape on hand in case of unexpected hail or wind damage! Find our most trusted awning repair tape HERE.
- In line circuit breaker. Never have to feel the frustration of a blown fuse again by stashing a few in-line circuit breakers in your RV. They can be used for the battery system and require regular replacement.
- Surge protector. If you are plugging in to power, you need to protect your RV from power surges that will lead to costly repairs. The surge protector we recommend is the Progressive Industries Portable Surge Protector.
- First-aid kit. It is important that you are prepared for what could happen while on the road in your RV or away from home. Purchase a pre-made first-aid kit and supplement it if necessary! This can help you mitigate injuries if they occur, allowing you to continue enjoying your RV camping adventures!
Phone Signal Booster or Wifi Extender
If you are camping in a remote area, it may be difficult to get adequate cell service or wifi. If an emergency occurs and you need to get ahold of someone, or if you simply need to stay connected for work purposes, it is valuable to have a phone signal booster or wifi extender packed in your RV.
Games and Activities
While it is awesome to spend a camping trip just enjoying nature and the company of your fellow campers, if you pack some games or supplies for activities, you can take the summer camping trip fun to the next level! A few of our favourite activities while camping are:
- Bocce Ball
- Ladder Golf
- Card Games
- Kayaking or Canoeing
We hope that you found this list of what to pack for a summer camping trip helpful! For any RV parts or accessories you need ahead of your next getaway, we invite you to visit our showroom at 7121 Argyll Road NW, Edmonton, AB, or shop conveniently from wherever you are via our online store.
Happy camping everyone!